Wednesday, December 23, 2009
"Fashionably Late" Tips for X-Mas Shopping
1. If you are unsure what to get someone for X-Mas, get him/her a gift card. That way you are giving the gift of "choice" for X-Mas. What can be better than that? And you avoid walking around in crowded malls figuring out what to get.
2. If possible, go as early in the day or late in the day when shopping in a store. I work for retail giant H&M, and I noticed that the stores are either really empty towards the beginning of store hours, and empties out a couple of hours before the stores close.
3. Shop online to avoid the long lines at malls and stores. If you're a last-minute shopper as I am, go online. They may have offers for free, or reduced shipping costs. They may even feature some gift-with-purchase offers when purchasing online as well. (I wouldn't recommend large purchases, since this is also the season for theft).
4. If possible, save some of your Christmas gift-swapping until after Christmas. There are plenty of retailers, such as Macy's and Filene's Basement who have deals on merchandise the day after Christmas. Plus, I love getting gifts AFTER everyone else. It makes me feel special!
5. Check your newspaper for circulars that may feature coupons. It is a recession, and no one has to know that you got his or her gift on sale or with coupons. Clip and Save.